How do you make hamburgers more flavorful?
If you are looking to season up your hamburgers, you’ve come to the right spot! Oven Broiled Hamburgers are fantastic when broiled in the oven for a quick easy meal your family will enjoy! The secret ingredient is a tiny amount of horseradish, which may sound spicy, but as long as it’s evenly distributed in the mixture, it’s really isn't!Jump to Recipe
Oven Broiled Hamburgers are ideal for the nights when it’s too cold to barbecue or you’ve run out of propane. Or maybe, it’s just too hot outside and you’d like to stay cool in the air conditioning. This recipe can also be used on the grill too without question!
Never Ending Dinner Possibilities!
Also, a wonderful meal when you just don’t know what to make for dinner! Simply take the ground beef out of the freezer to defrost in the morning and pick up some fresh rolls from the store.
Time needed: 15 minutes.
How to Serve Oven Broiled Hamburgers?
- With Cheese!
Use your favorite cheese such as Cheddar, American, Pepperjack, Provolone, or whatever your heart desires. The skies are the limit with cheese!
- Include the fixings!
Lettuce, sliced tomatoes, onions, pickles, bacon slices, sauteed mushrooms, peppers, and onions, or even an over-easy egg!
- Add a side dish companion!
A salad like Green Bean and Tomato, Panzanella, pasta salad, Strawberry Salad with Honey Vinaigrette. Also, potato chips, kielbasa and beans, french fries, or poutine with gravy would do a fine job accompanying these Oven Broiled Hamburgers!
Check out our Zesty Southwestern Black Bean Veggie Burgers for the vegetarian in your life on burger night!
Oven Broiled Hamburgers
- Oven Broiler or grill
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- 2 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Onion minced
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce or A1 sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Horseradish
- 1 teaspoon Prepared Mustard yellow or Dijon depending on your preference
- Combine all the ingredients above and mix well using your hands to evenly distribute the flavors to make 4-5 patties.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (optional for easy cleanup) Place oven rack about 6-8 inches from the heat source
- Place the hamburger patties on the baking sheet and broil on high for 6-7 minutes and then flip and broil for 5 minutes more on the other side for medium done burgers. Turn the broiler off once the hamburgers are cooked through to your preference.
- Add the cheese (optional) and place back in the hot oven to melt for 1 minute and then serve.