Oven Sausage with Onions and Peppers Casserole is an effortless meal that is absolutely worth making! This is the perfect example of how a family meal doesn't need to be difficult! Cooking sausage on its own can get boring after a while. Why not incorporate sausage with some vegetables and make it a one-pan meal?
A Family Dinner Doesn’t Need to be Hard!
Preparing Oven Sausage with Onions and Peppers in a casserole pan with potatoes is so easy to do and is a one-pan meal that’s perfect for serving the family any day of the week! The preparation consists of cutting the sausage and veggies to size and adding seasoning. The rest of the work takes place in the oven, as it roasts meshing the flavors together. The juices from the sausage seep into the potatoes and veggies creating the most fantastic flavor!
Growing up, my very Italian stepdad made this dish to complement holiday meals as a side dish for large family get-togethers. There was always so much food on the table when we sat down for holiday meals when I was a kid! ❤️
My kids really love this dish, so I began making it myself!
This recipe DOUBLED into two casserole pans is fantastic for larger gatherings with extended family and It is always gone quickly!
Thanks, George! I am grateful for you putting up with me and the never-ending loyalty even when I was a brat! A man that teaches his child (or in my case, someone else's child, lol) the real world we live in, is an absolute hero! I'm indeed a better person because of you! ❤️ 💕If you are reading this, we need to chat about the breaded fried artichoke hearts soon! 😘
Substitution Ideas for Oven Sausage with Onions and Peppers:
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar in place of the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Really wonderful variation of this recipe!
- Large potatoes cut into chunks instead of baby potatoes
- Red, yellow, or orange peppers
- Chicken sausage
Add in Ideas:
- Red pepper flakes for heat
- Seasoning of your choice
Oven Sausage Casserole with Onion, Pepper, and Potatoes
- Casserole dish
- 2 Lbs Sweet Italian Sausages
- 1 to 1 ½ Lbs Baby Potatos or large potatoes, cubed
- 2 Medium Onions yellow
- 1 Large Green Pepper or red, orange or yellow
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- 4 Whole Garlic Cloves Peeled and minced
- 2 TBSP Soy Sauce any brand
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce any brand
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder Optional
- 5-6 Campari or 3 ripe full size Tomatoes Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut sausage on 1 ½ inch pieces.
- Cut onions, pepper, and peel garlic cloves. Add to the casserole dish. Mince the garlic if you prefer.
- Add in baby potatoes and the optional tomatoes.
- Drizzle oil over the sausage and veggies. Add the optional onion powder, soy, and Worcestershire sauce and toss using clean hands to ensure all is completely coated. Use salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and stir, place back in the oven for color, and to finish cooking for 30 more minutes, uncovered.