This Beef Tips with Gravy recipe is the perfect weeknight meal that my best friend Trina, talks about often because it’s an heirloom recipe that her family cherishes.Jump to Recipe
Her Beef Tips with Gravy recipe is a stovetop creation by her Nana, that has been passed down the generations in her family. It’s one of those recipes that brings her back to her childhood, and she makes it often!
A Tangy Tomato Beef Gravy
Unquestionably a cozy and delicious pleasure that will make you drool! The gravy is excellent and not your typical ordinary beef gravy. It is actually a tomato beef gravy that has great tang! The best part about this recipe is that you probably already have most of the ingredients on hand!
These beef tips cook up really tender with the best rich flavor! The nice thing about this dish is if you do not have a steak knife around, it will not be a problem, because the beef literally falls apart in your mouth! Oh my goodness, everything in this Beef Tips with Gravy recipe comes together so right!!
A Family Heirloom Recipe
A family heirloom recipe is the memory of a dish that a loved one frequently prepared for you. Cooking is an art. Perhaps this recipe will take you back in time, or at the least help you to recall a meal a loved one once prepared for you? It certainly is a dish worthy of trying and sharing with your family!
If you are looking for a tomato beef recipe, this is a fine one to try! - That’s a promise I hold dear to my heart!
Other Recipes by Trina
In addition to this wonderful Beef Tips with Gravy recipe, Trina has also contributed some other fantastic recipes to Simple Meal Girl! Check out Easy Spring Pasta with Lemon and Zesty Southwestern Black Bean Veggie Burgers for some other mealtime ideas!
Beef Tips with Gravy
- 1 Skillet Medium Sized
- 1 Cutting board Medium Sized
- 1½ Lbs Sirloin Tips
- 2 Cloves Gralic minced
- 1 Cup Ketchup your favorite brand
- ½ Cup Butter melted or 2 TBS cooking oil
- 3 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce Lea & Perrins brand
- 2½ tablespoon Lemon Juice freshly squeezed
- Remove the fat from the steak tips and divide into 1 ½-inch cubes.
- Tenderize the beef using a meat tenderizer mallet, and then generously salt and pepper the steak on all sides.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat, then add the minced garlic. Cook the garlic for one to two minutes.
- Then add the beef to the pan and brown each side for 1-2 minutes
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl or just add them right to the pan over the steak tips in the hot skillet.
- Completely coat each piece of steak and also lower the heat to simmer on low heat for 1 hour, covered. Stir occasionally.