Kielbasa and Beans Slow Cooker Recipe is a wonderful side dish that is underestimated, but shouldn’t be! Kielbasa is the Polish word for sausage. A sweet meat that just fits well with baked beans, the pair are like peas in a pod! Beans frequently get a bad rap which is funny to me, because this dish always vanishes instantaneously.
The beauty of this recipe is the easy preparation time of slicing the kielbasa and adding all the ingredients to the crockpot. Then simply turn the crockpot on and done!
Our neighbor always brings kielbasa and beans to our annual neighborhood summer block party each year. It has become a pillar that we all anticipate, and historically one of the first potluck dishes GONE each year! Which has inspired me to make this dish for BBQs on the back deck and to also bring it to family gatherings.
If short on time, Kielbasa and Beans can certainly be made in the oven using a dutch oven or casserole pan. Place them in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. After, this side dish will keep nicely in the refrigerator for 2-4 days.
We prepare this dish using Bush's baked beans because they are gluten-free.
Whip up a batch and bring this along to your next BBQ, potluck, or church gathering!
Kielbasa and Beans Slow Cooker Recipe pairs well with:
- Barbequed foods
- Hamburgers and hot dogs
- Corn on the cob
Substitutions & add-in Ideas:
- Smoked sausage
- Italian Hot Sausage
- Pineapple chunks
- Onion and peppers
- Kidney beans
Kielbasa and Beans Slow Cooker Recipe
- 2 Cans Baked Beans 1 pound each in size
- ⅓ Cup Boiling water
- 4 Cubes Beef bouillon equal to 4 cups without water
- ½ Tsp Parsley
- ½ Tsp Celery Seed
- ⅛ Tsp Paprika
- ¼ Cup Onion Flakes
- ¼ Cup Ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 5 Slices Bacon Add a few pieces laid flat over the top of the beans and kielbasa once the seasoning is stirred in.
- Grease the bottom of the dutch oven or crook pot with butter or cooking spray
- Cut kielbasa into 1 ½ Inch julienne style slices
- Add beans and kielbasa to the pan
- In a separate bowl, melt bouillon cubes in the boiling water using a fork.
- Add parsley, paprika, and celery seed to the bouillon and stir.
- Stir in the bouillon mixture, ketchup, brown sugar, onion flakes, and mustard to the beans and kielbasa .
- Cook in the crockpot for 6 hours on low or in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.