Should you marinate the vegetables when making Veggie Kababs?
Hell yeah! Marinating the vegetables for Veggie Kabobs before roasting boosts the flavor a million times over!
Marinated Veggie Kabobs are so tasty and a fun colorful side dish! The vegetables are marinated in a blissful dressing of balsamic, garlic, basil, and chive for an hour or more. Once grilled you’ve got a rainbow of crispy deliciousness on your plate!Jump to Recipe
Hey! Guess what? Spring is almost here! Time to start firing up the grill after being stuck in the house all winter...yeah!!!! Spring is my favorite time of year and autumn my second. I love seeing the tulips bloom, kids playing outside, bonfires in the backyard, and grilling! Although, in all honesty, my son has been doing most of the grilling around here and deserves credit for that!
This morning I decided it was time to get my “spring” on as I sat on the back deck having my morning tea. This is what we had with our dinner tonight, with just a few minutes of prepping the veggies this morning.
How To Cook:
This dish is made by the method of roasting, using a grill or oven broiler.
Make a disposable tray for the kabobs for grilling with aluminum foil. This will ensure they do not fall through the grate and also makes for a steadier cooking surface.
Give the vegetables enough distance from the heat source when broiling on high. Otherwise, broil on a lower heat setting. For ovens with the broiler in the top area of the stove, place the oven rack towards the center of the oven.
How to Serve:
Marinated Veggie Kabobs Balsamic
- Grill or Oven Broiler
- ¾ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced.
- 2 Tbsp Red Onion, Minced
- 2 Tbsp Basil or Christy’s Greek Seasoning See recipe on Simplemealgirl.com
- Salt & Pepper to season
- 1 Pint Brussel Sprouts, Halved
- 1 Pint Small Portobello Mushrooms
- 1 Large Red, Yellow, and Green Pepper Large sliced
- 1 Large Large Red Onion Cut into Chucks
- 1 Pint Campari or Grape Tomateos
- 1 Whole Zucchini Sliced or Cubed
- 1 Whole Summer Squash Sliced or Cubed
- Cut Veggies to size, in chucks.
- Whisk together dressing and allow the cut veggies to marinate for 1-8 hours in a covered shallow casserole pan or large ziplock baggie. Stir occasionally if possible. Do not refrigerate, Leave out in a cool, dry area such as the kitchen counter.
- Preheat grill or oven broiler to medium-high heat.
- Apply veggies to skewers. Reserve the marinade for basting.
- Roast kabobs checking them every 3-5 minutes to marinate and turn. Apply the marinade using a brush.