I find myself making Caprese Bruschetta a ton during the spring and summer when tomatoes are ripe and juicy. It is perfect for using garden tomatoes or store-bought Campari tomatoes. It can be a meal itself on its own, served as an appetizer, or alongside grilled steak or chicken as a fun side.Jump to Recipe
Caprese Style Bruschetta
Some of my favorite recipes that I share on Simple Meal Girl are inspired by meals I’ve had in restaurants. Caprese Bruschetta is one of them! I have always loved bruschetta since I was a small child and tomatoes are my favorite! Normally it was toasted in the oven and served with the cheese melted. Then I had it at a local small chain restaurant called Paparazzi and saw how serving only the bread toasted with fresh marinated tomatoes and mozzarella was better! Seriously a game-changer and a must-try!
Tips for making Caprese Bruschetta
- Use fresh bread such as ciabatta or focaccia. Plain, garlic-infused, rosemary, or asiago loaves work well.
- Let the ingredients marinate a while before serving. I have a hard time with this step! I can never wait 24 hours and usually serve after 20-30 minutes. The longer it marinates, the more the flavors mesh.
Add in options
The sky's the limit when it comes to adding ingredients. Here are some ideas.
- Artichoke hearts
- Kalamata olives
- Green Peppers
- Red Peppers
Best Caprese Bruschetta
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 Lb Campari Tomatoes or garden tomatoes
- 4 Oz Mozzarella Cheese
- 3 tablespoon Red Onion
- 6 Slices Ciabatta bread or Focaccia
- ⅓ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- ¾ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Chive thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Parsley chopped
- 2 Tbsp Basil chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic finely minced
- ½ Tsp TSP Salt
- 1 tablespoon Capers or more!
- Cut tomatoes into wedges and cube mozzarella. Put in a salad bowl with sliced red onion. Put to the side.
- Combine dressing in a jar and shake well. Pour-over tomatoes and mozzarella and toss. Cover with plastic wrap to marinate (20 minutes to 24 hours). Best to leave out in a cool area, covered to marinate.
- Slice bread to serving size and toast. Optional: brush with olive oil.
- Top each slice with the tomato topping and serve.
Leave a Reply