Baked Ritz Cracker Cod is a delicious recipe and fool-proof method for baking cod in the oven that’s so extremely easy! Minimal staple ingredients including crushed Ritz crackers, butter, seasoning, and lemon prove that less is more! The other nice thing about this dish is the quick cleanup, making this meal a no-brainer and a must-try!
Little energy is needed on your part because it’s quick and easy to prepare in minutes and then placed in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Ideal for a quick weeknight meal that is healthy!
This recipe can be used for tilapia too!
Baked Ritz Cracker Cod
It’s a Healthy Dish!
Cod is a lean protein with omega-3’s. Omega-3 is said to help lower cholesterol but also is so important for brain health too, which seems to be overlooked commonly. I am not a nutritionist in any sense but can see how a diet rich in omega-3's is helpful with ADHD and organization. Meaning organization mentally, but also attributes to how our brains process information and organize information too.
-Disclaimer: my opinion is my own that I share freely on simplemealgirl.com. You are encouraged to use my opinion for further research but not take what I say as fact because the FDA has regulations and I may not know everything lol...wish I did!
My boys love to go fishing whenever the weather is nice and do so any chance they get! Fishing to them is like bees and honey; they never get sick of it! The amount of time they take to research areas and talk among other local fishermen to find the jackpot fishing spot where the fish are abundant during particular times of the year is awe-inspiring. They have it all down to a science in figuring it all out, including what each type of fish prefers to eat and they bring along the appropriate bait to get em’! The smiles on their faces when they come home with their bounty are always priceless!
Baked Ritz Cracker Cod Fish
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- 1 Lb Fresh Cod Fillet or tilapia
- 2 Tbsp Dried Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Fresh cut Chives
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 12 whole Ritz Crackers about half a sleeve, crushed
- 1 whole Lemon
- ¼ Tsp Salt & Pepper each to season
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Season the cod with salt and pepper on both sides and sprinkle the parsley over the top. Crush crackers and melt butter in the microwave. Make sure the butter is not super hot, just melted and spreadable
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and brush on butter so the fish doesn’t stick to the foil. Crush the crackers to make breadcrumbs.
- Add a third of the crushed Ritz breadcrumbs to the foil where the cod will sit.
- Lay the cod onto the breadcrumbs and work the crumbs to the bottom of the fish with your fingers to coat the bottom.Brush butter over the top of the cod and then press breadcrumbs gently in to completely coat the fish. Top with chives and a squeeze of lemon and then bake for 15-20 minutes.