This sauce isn’t technically alfredo sauce because feta cheese is in the mix. Feta and Cream Cheese Alfredo is an indulgently rich and creamy sauce that comes together quickly in 10-15 minutes. Perfect for a weeknight dinner option and I highly recommend it!
Tips for making this recipe
- For consistency, use a whisk to smooth out the sauce. Spoons are good for tasting but not so much for smoothing out lumps of cheese.
- Be sure to stay close by the stove when cooking. It’s quick to make but doesn’t taste good burnt.
- Cutting the feta and cream cheese into chunks before adding to the pan will help reduce the cooking time.
Is it Healthy?
It is low-carb but does have high fat, but good fats from the butter and cream. It can become high carb when tossed with pasta. Spaghetti Squash would be a great low-carb option for this sauce.
How can I make a lightened-up version of this?
Use milk in place of cream and light cream cheese to help reduce the fat and calories.
Can I freeze Feta Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce?
Absolutely! I love having this on hand in the freezer. Store in an airtight container.
Feta Cream Cheese Alfredo Sauce
This sauce isn’t technically alfredo because feta cheese is in the mix. Feta and Cream Cheese Alfredo is an indulgently rich and creamy sauce that comes together quickly in 10-15 minutes. Perfect for a weeknight dinner option and I highly recommend it!
Servings 6 people
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ¼ Cup ¼ Cup Onion, diced or green onion/chive
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1½ Cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 2 Cups Light Cream
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese
- 1-2 cups Fresh Spinach (Optional)
- 1 Lb feta crumbled
- 1 Tsp Celery salt
- 1 Tbsp Basil (Optional)
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Pepper
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Preheat Skillet on medium-low heat. Add butter, saute garlic and green onion until aromatic. About 2 minutes.
- Add broth and cream and bring to temperature.
- Add in chunks of cream cheese, whisk until melted.
- Add feta cheese crumbles, whisk smooth.
- Season with celery salt, salt, and pepper.
- Add spinach and parmesan cheese.
- Whisk sauce so it does not burn to the pan.
- Remove from heat.
If it isn't quite thick enough, allow the sauce to stand for 2-3 minutes before serving. Adding additional parmesan or cream cheese can help with consistency too.
Leave a Reply