Beefy Tex-Mex Family Rice Skillet is a meal I put together a few years ago that my kids request frequently. It's super simple to put together, making it the perfect weeknight dinner contender. It's not a spicy dish. My seven-year-old son, Joey always asks for seconds.
How To Serve this Tex-Mex Dinner
I've always used ground beef in this easy skillet dinner, but ground turkey could probably be substituted to make for a leaner version.
A Simple Salad or even Ceasar Salad and dinner rolls complement this simple meal and make it complete.
Check out these easy to follow steps on How to Peel and Mince Garlic.
Family Tex-Mex Beefy, Rice Skillet
- 1½ LBS Ground Beef Ground Turkey would be okay
- 1 Green pepper, Diced.
- ½ Medium Onion, Diced.
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced.
- 1 14.5 Can Diced Tomatos or Tomato Sauce .
- 3 Cups 5-Minute White Rice
- 32 Oz Beef Broth
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- Brown the ground beef, onions, peppers. I like to season the beef as it is browning with Salt & Pepper
- Drain the grease and discard.
- Add canned Tomatoes, ½ of the broth, Chili Powder, Paprika and Garlic.
- Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add Uncooked Rice and the remaining broth.
- Bring to a boil and then back down to a simmer on low heat. Then cover for 10-15 minutes
- Add cheese, cover to melt, then serve