Christy's Greek SeasoningJump to Recipe
My Greek Seasoning concoction is so simple to put together! It is basil-based with some other common dried herbs that you may already have on hand. As long as dried basil is used, a variation of the Greek Seasoning recipe can be made. No need to overthink it!
I am super excited to share this Greek Seasoning concoction with you! It took months to ace the perfection I was looking for in an everyday go-to seasoning. It is perfect for those trying to avoid salt but looking for a dash of flavor! My kids, family, and friends, and I use it daily(which tells me it's a winner)! I use this on most dishes and always on my salads for an added boost of flavor!
I even bring a jar with me when on vacations! It makes any take-out salad or sandwich better!
A Table Salt Alternative!
A small amount of Himalayan Sea Salt is part of the recipe but only a tiny fraction of the total ingredients. You may have all these spices on hand or a close variation to give it a try!
A few years ago I bought a blended greek spice locally and was immediately hooked! However, it seemed to be discontinued after! Other greek blends such as store-bought or recipes I found on-line sadly did not compete. Many of them called for cinnamon and other desert-style spices that I dislike strongly in an everyday spice combo.
Friends and family have used this in various ways that I never thought to try!
- My son,(not a condiment fan) sprinkles it on his pizza.
- The neighbor's son-in-law completely coats chicken breast before grilling with it.
- My mom creates a salad dressing using it.
- Obviously makes a great gift too when packaged nicely!
Foods to try my Greek Seasoning with
- French Fries
- Blend Used For Marinating Meat
- Salad Dressings
- Grilled Vegetables
Christy’s Greek’n Everything Seasoning
- 4 tablespoon Basil
- 2 tablespoon Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Marjoram
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 TS Ground Orange Peel or Lemon Peel (lemon pepper will work!)
- 1 TS Crushed Rosemary Make sure to crush fine.
- 1 TS Garlic Powder
- ½ TS Chili Powder
- ½ TS Paprika sweet or regular, not smoked.
- ½ TS Fresh Ground Pepper
- ½ TS Salt Pink Hymalian
- Use a mortar to ground the dried rosemary.
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Store in an air tight jar.