Simple & Easy Pasta with Lemon Dish
Easy Spring Pasta with lemon is a fun way to incorporate veggies into pasta for the kids but also sophisticated enough for the adults. A completely unique take on serving penne, cellentani, or bow ties that I find compliments many chicken, pork, fish, or steak dishes nicely.
My best friend, Trina introduced this recipe to me and I am hooked! Trina is Italian-American and grew up with some fantastic cooking mentors in her family. I love tasting her creations as they never disappoint me! She is always trying to feed me as any true Italian cook does, and I could never complain because what she serves is wonderful 100% of the time! I look forward to sharing more of what she has taught me over the years in future posts with you.
Trina always makes this pasta using half a jar of sliced Green Castelvetrano Olives because they are amazing! My family doesn’t like olives, except for me that is. For that simple reason, I omit the olives but have to say, If you like Green Castevaltrano Olives, You need to try them in this dish!
Let us know how you like it! We think it's totally wonderful!
Check out Zesty Southwestern Black Bean Veggie Burgers for another one of Trina's vegetarian creations! She rocks at incorporating ingredients!!
Easy Spring Pasta With Lemon
- ¾ Lb Pasta such as Penne, Cellentani or Bow Ties
- 3 Tbsp Pine Nuts OR Almond Slices
- 1 Lemon
- ½ Head fresh Cauliflower chopped
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Squash or Zucchini roughly diced
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- ½ 10 Oz Jar Uncured Green Castelvetrano Olives sliced
- Cook pasta to al dente using the instructions on the package. Use the juice of half of the lemon to season the boiling water.
- Bring olive oil to temperature in a skillet over medium heat.
- Saute nuts and spices on the stovetop for 5 mins on medium heat. Then, add cauliflower, squash & the optional chopped green olives, to likened tenderness. About 10 minutes.
- Combine cooked vegetables and nuts, cheese with pasta & squeeze the remaining half of lemon and toss before serving.