Summer Garden Tomato Salad
Garden tomatoes are excellent in the late summer, but do seem to ripen all at once! Fortunately, there are so many recipes that we can use them in, but my favorite is this Summer Tomato Salad!Beware! This salad doesn’t last long in the fridge! It only takes a few minutes to whip up, making it the perfect side dish to accompany almost any meal, and it’s healthy too!
Servings 4 People
- 1½ Lbs Fresh Home Grown Tomatoes sliced, reserve the juices from the tomatoes for the dressing
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt Coursely ground
- ¼ Small Red Onion Thinly sliced
- 1 Clove Garlic Clove minced fine
- 6 Whole Chives chopped (small handful)
- 6 Sprigs Fresh Basil chopped (small handful)
- 6 Sprigs Fresh Parsley chopped (small handful)
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil extra virgin
- 4 tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar white wine or balsamic will work nicely too
- ½ teaspoon Sugar white granulated
- 2 tablespoon Leftover juices from the tomatoes or more!
Wash and dry the tomatoes well before slicing. Lightly salt the tomato slices.
Layer the sliced tomato slices and onion in the serving bowl.
Mix the dressing well and pour over the tomatoes. Toss the dressing over the tomatoes.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Taste the salad before serving and adjust the salt and seasoning if needed.
A Tablespoon of Christy’s Greek Seasoning can be used in place of fresh basil, parsley, and chives.
I enjoy this salad as it appears on the recipe card. Occasionally, we add in some other ingredients such as cucumbers, capers, and feta cheese.
Calories: 180kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.3g | Protein: 1.4g | Saturated Fat: 2.5g | Sodium: 130mg | Potassium: 325mg | Fiber: 1.7g | Sugar: 0.9g | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg