Best Hoagie Sandwich Topping
A chopped selection of the favorites, marinated & spiced to top savory sandwiches. This simple recipe was born out of a craving for an Italian cold-cut sub topped with "everything".
Servings 5 people
Small mixing bowl
- ¼ Cup Red Onion Chopped
- ¼ Cup Grape Tomatoes Cut in half
- ¼ Cup Dill Pickles Diced
- ¼ Cup Artichoke Hearts Drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoon Jarred Banana Peppers Drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoon Jarred Fire Roasted Red Peppers or pimentos Drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil Extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar or White Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Christy's Greek Seasoning or Italian seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
Gently fold until coated with the oil and seasoning.
Cover & leave to marinate for 10 minutes or longer if desired.
Best served at room temperature. Scoop generously over any submarine sandwich & enjoy!
Makes 1.25 cups, tops about 5 sandwiches generously.
Keep covered in the fridge & use up to 4 -5 days.
Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 6.7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 301mg | Fiber: 0.6g | Sugar: 3.2g