TikTok Baked Feta went viral recently on social media. My kids told me about this dish! We had to give it a try, needing to know what all the hype was about, and definitely do not regret the fun we had making it!
There is no overthinking the simplicity of TikTok Baked Feta! It’s an absolute must try and a worthy weeknight dinner option of only 6 ingredients. The preparation time involved in making this dish is less than 5 minutes and, the results are pact with extraordinary flavor and so creamy when tossed with pasta!
Some people might cringe at the thought of a whole block of Feta in a tomato sauce. I have to admit I was a bit skeptical myself until I started watching the videos my daughter sent me. Apparently, the recipe led to feta cheese being sold out in Finland in 2018. Like it was a black Friday special or something!
My thoughts about TikTok Baked Feta
Why didn’t I think of it? What a ridiculously brilliant idea! I love how quickly this dish comes together with simple ingredients. Tomatoes are my favorite thing to eat, I’m a big fan of feta cheese and whole garlic cloves give the house a vibrant aroma when roasting in the oven.
Turns out, TikTok Baked Feta was created by food blogger Jenni Häyrinen calling it, "Uunifetapasta”, which means oven pasta.
Here are some substitution Ideas
- If you are not a feta cheese fan, try using other cheeses. Use a block of cream cheese, parmesan, Boursin, goat cheese, or burrata cheese, etc in place of feta.
- Add some baby spinach at the end before stirring in the pasta.
- Tortellini or ravioli in place of regular pasta might be nice!
- Fresh Basil when you stir in the pasta
- Add shrimp or chicken
- Tyme or red pepper flakes.
Maybe I should join TikTok? Nope, not yet...I will probably just let my kids inform me of what happens over in TikTok land unless more spectacular recipes like this one continue to happen!
TikTok Baked Feta
- 2 Pints Cherry Tomatoes
- 8 Oz Feta Cheese block
- 3-5 Cloves Garlic pealed but not minced
- ½ Cup Olive Oil or more
- 2 Tsp Oregano divided
- 2 tablespoon Basil
- 1 Box Pasta
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Cook pasta using the directions on the box. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Add tomatoes and peeled garlic cloves to a casserole dish and season with salt, pepper, 1 teaspoon oregano, and 1 tablespoon basil
- Add most of the olive oil and toss tomatoes to cover completely
- Make room in the center, and put the Feta Cheese in the middle.
- Drizzle with olive oil and the remaining seasoning over the feta.
- Bake uncovered 30- 40 minutes until the Feta is golden and tomatoes are roasted.
- Use a fork to mix the feta into the tomatoes. Add pasta and stir.
Leave a Reply