Calling all grilled cheese fans and those that enjoy a good bagel sandwich! This is incredibly worthy of trying, super fast and easy to make and your taste buds will thank you!
Bagels Need Toppings....
When I was 20, I worked for a wine service a few towns over and found a bagel shop called Manhatten Bagel (that has since gone out of business near me) for lunch. They do seem to have other locations, just not in my area. They had the most amazing bagel sandwich concoctions and this is a variation of my favorite!
Grilled Cheese, Tomato On A Bagel
They served it as a closed sandwich and added sprouts. I am not a spout fan, but you certainly can add sprouts should you fancy!
Serve this toasted bagel sandwich open-faced and use a fork and knife to devour. This cheesy goddess of a sandwich can be slightly messy in a completely delicious way. It takes about 5 minutes to whip up and less time to consume. Pairs well with potato salad, side salad, or chips.
#1 Favorite Grilled Cheese, Tomato on a Bagel
Grilled Cheese, Tomato Goddess On A Bagel
- Small Skillet
- 1 TSP Butter use your favorite!
- 1 Small Tomato, Sliced. Vine ripe, garden grown or campari types work well!
- 3 TBSP Shredded Cheese Cheddar or Cheddar-Jack
- 2-3 TBSP Whipped Cream Cheese Chive is also wonderful!
- 1 Bagel, 2 halfs. Plain, Everything, Asiago Etc.
- Preheat the skillet on medium heat.
- Melt butter in a skillet, using it to coat the cooking surface of the skillet.
- Add sliced tomatoes and sauté.
- Toast your bagel as tomatoes are sautéing.
- Flip Tomato slices over after 2 minutes to cook the other side, also add cheese, cover to melt for another 2 minutes.
- Spread cream cheese on your toasted bagel.
- Using a silicone spatula, gently slide the grilled tomatoes and cheese on to each bagel half and serve.
- Add black pepper to taste and serve!
My Canon lens is on the fritz. These images were unfortunately taken by iPhone. SO...don't let the picture deter you because this recipe is comfort food you should try!